Recruitment open for Education Assistant positions - part time, August 2017
Japanese International School would like to invite interested candidates to apply for the position of class based Education Assistant (E.A.) to start the school year in August 2017. The role of the E.A's is to enhance the opportunities and provision of teaching and learning for the students at JIS. The position(s) would be term-time only and would be for 3 days per week. The E.A. role is ideal for parents wishing to work in a school environment but who cannot yet commit to full time employment, due to family members of school age.
The prefered candidate would be:
- a flexible team player, committed to working in a cooperative working environment
- a lively, motivated person, keen to get involved and enjoy themselves
- keen to work with young children, developing their skills and strengths
- happy to learn and develop alongside students and teachers in a dynamic, purposeful environment
- organised, responsible and a strong communicator
- skilled or aware of the use of technology
- potentially experienced in working with children in a school based or carer environment
The E.A role is based on 3 working days per school week (term time only) and attracts a salary of $160 per hour, equivalent to approximately $11, 500 per month.
General information update:
Japanese International School, Hong Kong is a small, dynamic international primary school situated close to Shatin and Tai Po in the New Territories of Hong Kong. JIS - International Section is an experienced, authorized I.B. World School, offering the PYP (Primary Years Programme) to a fully international clientele from Kowloon and the New Territories of Hong Kong. JIS is a partner school with International College Hong Kong.
Staff application form - click here:
Supply teaching opportunities at JIS.
Applications are welcomed for supply teaching positions from August 2016 and beyond
All staff need to be registered teachers with the Hong Kong Education Bureau. Mr. Walton will contact interested teachers for a social interview and introduction meeting.